1. PURCHASING- this is a process through which buyer getting their right products at the right time to the right place and from the right source. Purchasing plays a vital role in the market for this lot of decision making is obtaining to save money and extra time.
CLASSIFICATION OF FOOD PURCHASING:
– PERISHABLE FOOD- This category includes those type of food which have limited and short life after receiving. For example, egg, meat, poultry, butter and fruits.
– STALE FOOD- This category includes longer self-life and stored at room temperature. For example, groceries and canned food.
– CONTRACT ITEMS- This category basically includes those food items which we consumed every day in our life. For example, coffee, milk, ice cream, oil, etc.
– Purchase by weight
– Purchase by correct weight
– Oversee band name while purchasing
– Buy food according to their season
RECEIVING- This is a department in which items counted by authority personal which department ordered in an organization. The important function of this department is to meet the demand of the item by the other departments.
– The item should be the same as other department wants.
– There should be proper expiry and manufacture tags on the items.
– Perishable products must have its shelf life.
– Food should be stored according to its temperature.
– Check properly quantity, quality and price.
METHOD OF RECEIVING:
– INVOICE METHOD: This method is used by every organization nowadays, under this method a receiving supervisor check the delivered item with the ordered items and write down notes of items if needed. This method consumes time as this contains effective counting.
– BLIND METHOD: In this method receiving supervisor simply check item by weight, counting and then recording.
INVENTORY TURNOVER RATE:
In terms of accounting, this rate is calculated to see who much inventory a company have a comparison to its sales level.
FORMULA: COGS/ INVENTORY
2. OBJECTIVE OF ISSUING CONTROLS
Food should be issued with proper requisitions at control stage.
The main objectives of issuing control:
– Food issues must be accounted properly.
– Only authorised staff personnel have access to go storage area.
– Item must be matched with the production requirement and the stored one.
– Inventories of the bar are issued at any time either at the beginning or at the end of the shift.
– To calculate the daily cost, requisition form should be updated.
– The proper issuing form should be made at the time of issuing items.
– The size of the item is needed.
– The required item for issuing from receiving is based on the quantity used in recipes.